in this video, I'm sharing my thoughts on drawing every day and how the idea of not being able to keep up with drawing daily has really made me feel guilty of not being "a real creative person". However, over time I have realised that it is okay to take creative breaks and how I can get myself back into drawing e.g. through creating small creative habits that I do not share with anyone in the beginning - just drawing for myself. Now, that I feel ready to "be back" creatively, I'm opening up my sketchbook from that period to show how I have started drawing again.
Can you relate? If yes, how do you get yourself drawing again? If not, what are your tips and tricks you could share with fellow creative people?
Share your thoughts and like this video if you liked it. This helps the video to be found by other wonderful people like you.
THINGS I HAVE MENTIONED
Please understand, you follow links mentioned here at your own risk.
- Rebecca Green's blog post on her creative burnout/ taking time out http://myblankpaper.com/blog/2018/1/6/intuition
- Lisa Congdon's travel sketchbooks http://lisacongdon.com/blog/2015/11/portugal-spain-sketchbook-spreads/
- Book haul of Rebecca Green's book "How to be friends with a ghost" https://youtu.be/Bkpn84sQ1GI
- Croatia holiday vlog https://youtu.be/baO1DgtK-Io
- My 2018 January update https://youtu.be/xPc0GRabKbY
LEARN with me
MY GOUACHE ONLINE CLASS
MY CHILDREN'S BOOK ASSIGNMENT CLASS - intermediate level