it's time for an update. I've graduated, went to Japan for two weeks, took a long social media break, and now work as a fulltime freelance illustrator. This, of course, was a big transition and I took some time out to reflect on how I really want my life as a freelance illustrator to be. I read a lot of amazing books which I want to share, especially one called My Friend Fear by Meera Lee Patel. And I will talk about a lot of questions that came up during this time. Do I want a schedule and if so what kind? What are my priorities and how do I manage my time well to reach my goals? Etc. etc.
As this video is pretty long, my dear Instagram community voted for a video in two parts. I hope you enjoy my book recommendations and I'd love to hear how you manage times of transition. If you are working full time as a freelance illustrator or in the creative industries, how was the first year? Any tips are greatly appreciated.
I really hope you enjoyed the video, and if you did please give it a thumbs up. It really helps the video to be found by other wonderful people like you.
Please understand, you follow links mentioned here at your own risk.
THINGS I MENTIONED
- Audio Books from Audible -
I absolutely love to listen to audio books when drawing, here are my recommendations
- The Artist's Way at Work: Riding the Dragon by Julia Cameron
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- Books -
- The Creative Career Path by Creative Pep Talk
- Start where you are by Meera Lee Patel
- My Friend Fear by Meera Lee Patel
- Draw Every Day Draw Every Way by Jennifer Orkin Lewis
- Videos and Channels -
- The Daily Connoisseur Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHx11n971kc&list=PL2Vy9DfN2zyNFNfQuF19CiQcOc9slc-97
- TEDx Talk on the 10 item wardrobe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3CLRL32Mcw&t=6s
- Google Talk by Mari Kondo on Konmari Method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1-HMMX_NR8&t=742s
- Online Classes -
- How to Sell your Products to Retailers on Creative Live -Get 15 USD off through this link https://refer.creativelive.com/s/Romica (affiliate link*)
- Hot Markets for your Art Part B by Make Art That Sells https://makeartthatsells.com/online-courses/
- MATS MBA Money Bad Ass by Make Art That Sells https://makeartthatsells.com/online-courses/
LEARN with me
MY GOUACHE ONLINE CLASS